There is no doubt that a shining and sincere smile can make you face look very beautiful without any make-up or cosmetic procedures. However, not every one of us is endowed with proportional, shiny and white teeth, and many people wish to improve aesthetic look of their smiles. Nowadays, cosmetic dentistry is a rapidly developing field of dental medicine. Only a decade ago, we could only dream of aesthetic dental services that would make our teeth look sensational. But now, a great deal of effective dental cosmetic procedures became a daily routine of modern dental professionals. Every day the specialists of cosmetic dentistry provide thousands of people with tooth reshaping, dental bonding, teeth whitening, and other numerous restorative benefits.
Good optical properties of the tissues of healthy teeth, including color of the enamel, richness of the color, opalescence and shining, are the main ingredients of aesthetic appearance of your teeth. But different dental problems and defects can result in denaturalization and loss of these good properties. Also, such factors as problems with digestive system or blood vessels, medication overdoses, etc., can seriously affect a person’s teeth and aesthetic appearance.
Modern dentistry possesses a series of effective methods allowing to achieve significant aesthetic effects even in the most difficult situations! People with huge gaps between their teeth or people with old and damaged dental fillings can have a cosmetic procedure which will result in putting their teeth in almost ideal shape. Besides, new effective methods of teeth whitening can make your teeth as white as snow. Now, a Hollywood smile is available for everyone!
Presently, cosmetic dentistry includes a wide range of procedures:
- Dental Fillings. This is one of the oldest procedures of cosmetic dentistry, which has already become a common practice for every dental clinic or cabinet. It means filling the cavities of decayed teeth with composite resin materials (like porcelain or special chemical compositions) that have the appearance similar to the one of tooth.
- Teeth Whitening. This is the procedure of removing various stains, shades and unnatural pigmentation from your teeth by bleaching. Teeth whitening is one of the simplest and most effective cosmetic dentistry procedures that is currently having a great demand.
- Dental Bonding. The procedure of repairing or restoring the shape of your teeth with the help of dental composite materials. The people who have decaying, cracked or broken teeth, as well as the people with small gaps between their teeth may want to have this procedure.
- Dental Veneers. This procedure involves placing porcelain or plastic laminates on the front surface of your teeth in order to change shape or color of your teeth. This procedure can be demanded by people with broken or damaged teeth, and also by those who failed to get good results after teeth whitening.
- Dental Contouring and Reshaping. This is a more complicated treatment which helps to improve the shape of your teeth. In the majority of cases, it includes scanning and evaluation of your teeth, modeling better designs for your teeth followed by sculpturing and reshaping. People with various dental imperfections can use this method of cosmetic dentistry.
- Gum Lift. This is a procedure of raising and reshaping your gum lines in order to make your teeth look longer, more proportional and symmetrical.
- Dental Implants. This method means placing artificial titanium tooth roots followed by placing false tooth as a compensation for your missing tooth. This procedure is connected with several risks, but modern dental technologies have already put these risks to minimum.
- Dental Bridges. This is another method to replace missing teeth, but in this case the false teeth are held between two healthy teeth with the help of special porcelain crowns.
- Dental Crowns. This method means covering the surface of your teeth with special porcelain, ceramic or metallic crowns. This is a very effective and popular method for people with broken, cracked or worn teeth, and also for the people whose teeth are healthy but have a lack of stability or white color.
- Dentures. Dentures are removable substitutes for missing teeth. Placing dentures is an essential procedure for the people who lost some of their teeth. There are partial and complete dentures.
Cosmetic dentistry can bring back good health and natural beauty of your teeth. Choose to have one of these procedures and you’ll certainly see that visiting your dentist may not be always connected with anticipation of painful and unpleasant treatment. This time you will leave the clinic with the desire to enjoy those miraculous changes you are going to experience after your aesthetic cosmetic procedure.