White shiny teeth are not only an important element of everyone’s personal charm, it is also an indicator of normal functioning of all body systems and good overall health. That is why it is important to pay proper attention on our dental care and choose only healthy nutrition for dental health. Undoubtedly, a healthy and balanced nutrition plan should be an important element of everyone’s dental care strategy. In the framework of such a nutrition plan, it is essential to include to your diet the foods containing the following vitamins and elements:
- Fluoride. It is a known fact that fluoride is one of the essential elements for a good dental health. It helps our teeth fight against plaque and can neutralize harmful effects of acids in our saliva. We receive great amounts of fluoride from water and tea we consume regularly. Also, this element can be found in walnuts, fish and other foods.
- Iron. Iron deficiency can cause gum problems and bring to gums inflammation. Liver, red meat, beans, apples and other products are prefect sources of iron.
- Calcium. This element protects our teeth against tooth enamel damages and the effects of temperature changes. If we have a lack of calcium in our body, our teeth can start crumbing. Therefore, it is vital for our good dental health to eat the foods with high content of calcium, such as dairy products, broccoli, soy, sesame, figs and so on.
- Phosphorus. This element is important for the strength and durability of our tooth enamel. Also, phosphorus plays a role for proper digestion of calcium. Phosphorus can be found in fish, eggs, milk, beef and other foods.
- Vitamin D. It is vital for effective digestion of both phosphorus and calcium. Our body can synthesize Vitamin D itself when our skin received good amounts of sunlight. Natural sources of Vitamin D include eggs, fish, mushrooms and so on.
- Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is also important element of effective nutrition for dental health. Vitamin B6 deficiency can cause mouth dryness, as well as little wounds and cracks in our mouth. We can receive good amounts of this vitamin when we regularly eat potato, spinach, tomatoes, strawberries, carrot, cauliflower and other foods.
- Vitamin C. Consuming a good amount of Vitamin C can guarantee a good condition of our gums. There are lots of well-known sources of Vitamin C, including oranges, lemons, onions, carrots, sugar-beet and so on.